In today’s world of non – stop business, interruptions to operations will affect your customers, your supply chain and reduce staff productivity. Having a proactive plan in place to address potential operational downtime creates a resilient rather than a reactive organization.
Fortunately today, major disasters are not that common, but having your operations interrupted can be caused by very simple events such as utility outages, environmental concerns or 3rd party events.
- Develop business continuity policy
- Identify critical uninterruptable business functions
- Identify risks based on length/severity of business outage
- Identify business, technology and people impacts
- Identify recovery team authority and responsibilities
- Systems recovery plan
- Plan documentation details
- Ongoing maintenance of plan
Sample Project Successes:
- IT Business Continuity Planning project for a Territorial Government
- Business Continuity Planning project for a Government of Canada department