Reference #: TC2019030
Donna Cona Inc. is currently seeking a System Analyst, Level 3, for one of our key government clients.
The following criteria is mandatory:
- Over ten (10) years of demonstrated experience as a System Analyst;
- Must have IT experience in all phases of the systems development life cycle including documenting business requirements, systems analysis, project design, development and testing (minimum four (4) years within the last eight (8) years);
- Must have experience working on an IBM Mainframe platform (minimum four (4) years within the last eight (8) years);
- Must have a minimum four (4) years of experience working in a large government department/agency, crown corporation, or private enterprise organization within the last ten (10) years demonstrating Senior System Analyst type work. (Large is defined as having greater and equal to 10,000 employees); and
- Experience analyzing, documenting and validating business requirements with the client, IT stakeholders and development teams. (Minimum two (2) years within the last eight (8) years).
Additional rated criteria:
- Should have experience working on COBOL mainframe development and IDMS and/or DB2 relational databases;
- Should have experience working on a large development project as a Senior System Analyst. Large is defined as greater than or equal to $10M;
- Should have experience executing and coordinating batch schedules for large systems. Large is defined as greater than or equal to $10M;
- Should have experience in design and development in the following: TSO, CICS, JCL, MQ Series, IDMS and/or DB2;
- Knowledge and experience with COBOL including experience developing within large IT development projects. Large is defined as greater than or equal to $10M;
- Experience communicating technical problems;
- Experience resolving problems; and
- Experience analyzing and gathering requirements.
Major Tasks of Assignment:
- Participate in all aspects of systems design, analysis and implementation of a large legacy System and/or development project;
- Assist in the analysis of requirements, processes and data towards developing and implementing solutions which address business and technical needs;
- Analyze and participate in the creation and gathering of business requirements;
- Perform quality assurance tasks (such as peer reviews) on their own work, as well as the work of others;
- Perform unit, regression, integration, end-to-end, and performance testing as required;
- Adhere to quality assurance standards as used in each phase of development and maintenance;
- Perform independent verification and validation of software applications and systems function and performance;
- Attend project / team meetings and briefings to articulate the proposed design or changes in a manner that makes sense to staff or to reach an understanding and/or solution to related problems and issues;
- Support and use the selected agency methodologies and best practices;
- Support systems in test and production environments; perform complex problem resolution/debugging;
- Prepare the system for releases (production and lower states) and coordinates all changes with impacted partners; and
- Provide coaching to other members of the team.