Reference #: 6003
Donna Cona Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Data Communications Administrator, for one of our key clients.
The successful candidate will have the following profile:
- Knowledge around fibre optic network terminology and troubleshooting
- 7+ years of experience as a Data Communications Administrator;
- Able to configure, deploy, and administer a large enterprise network environment;
- Install, configure, and maintain Cisco Network hardware: Cisco ISR 4300’s, Nexxus 9K, Catalyst series, ASA firewalls, and WLC 5500’s;
- Capable troubleshooting techniques and root cause analysis skills required;
- Able to work in a team environment as well as independently. Able to work in high demand situations where key decisions may affect business continuity;
- Technical leadership skills will be an asset;
- Excellent writing and documentation skills required; and
- High level of organizational skills.
- Provide a high level of experience in Network maintenance, planning and implementation in a large WAN environment. Experience in satellite technology and service delivery is an asset;
- Provide a high level of experience in Network implementation, troubleshooting and support in a large distributed LAN/MAN/WAN environment, utilizing Ethernet over various last mile technologies including Cisco switching/routing/wireless and Firewalls;
- Installation, maintenance and configuration of various networking hardware;
- Configuration, maintenance, and optimization of the client’s network monitoring solutions, Solarwinds, Cisco PRIME and Cisco ACS/ISE;
- Support of enterprise WAN acceleration hardware. Experience with Allot units will be an asset;
- Support content filtering solutions: Cisco Firepower, Symantec BlueCoat, and Zscaler;
- Provide mentorship and elevated support (Tier 3) to Tiers 1 and 2 technicians, regional technicians and a variety of end user departments specifically in support of these client production applications and programs;
- Provide communities with phone or remote support using administration tools provided by the client.
- Communicate with third party vendors and developers of applications, programs and operating systems used by the client;
- Create technical documents and edit and test vendor provided documentation;
- Provide expertise on identified internal IM/IT projects relating to the client IT infrastructure;
- Contribute to the post mortem analysis following any assigned project completion; and
- Provide recommendations to improve and enhance the client Network environment both technically and procedurally.