Reference #: 5568
Donna Cona has recently won a number of multi-year contracts with a key client to provide a variety of IM / IT services, including Network Support Services, Application and Cloud Support Services and Project Management and Solutions Delivery Services. We are looking for Project Managers to deliver services on these contracts from Iqaluit, NU. This position will be located in Iqaluit, Nunavut.
The successful candidate(s) will have the following profile:
- Degree in related diploma/degree (asset);
- Over seven (7) years of relevant experience; and
- Related Industry Certifications, for example PMP.
- Have clear oral, written, nonverbal and effective interpersonal communication skills appropriate to all levels of management and clients;
- Excellent planning and organization skills;
- Ability to provide information regarding tasks, plans, schedule, project milestones and deliverables to stakeholders on a regular basis;
- Knowledge of fundamental project management processes, methodologies, tools & techniques and ability to adapt them to the client environment;
- Understanding of, and ability to utilize, UML notation;
- Solid understanding of information systems including mainframe, middleware, UNIX/WINTEL server, desktop, software, applications, information protection, storage, web and emerging technologies;
- Well balanced understanding of business relationships, business requirements, IT requirements and technical solutions; and
- Knowledge and experience in using MS Project and applications that help carry out day-to-day project tasks; including but not limited to MS Office suite.
- Responsible for the overall planning, scheduling and assignment of project tasks associated with the project;
- Assembling and leading a Project Team that may consist of internal department members, client department members and third party vendors;
- Ensure the delivery of information technology projects meeting scope, schedule, budget and quality objectives;
- Contract and change management;
- Delivering Quality and Satisfaction through constant communication with project stakeholders;
- Manage project Issues and Risk;
- Manage day to day project tasks for implementing products and services from initiation through to handoff to operational support;
- Reviewing status of deliverables and recommending approval of the deliverables; and
- Developing project work performance data and reports for distribution to all stakeholders.