Reference #: TC2018089
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Type: Sub-contract (part-time)
Donna Cona Inc. is currently seeking a Programmer / Software Developer (Java), Level 3 for one of our key government clients.
Candidate MUST have the following:
- A valid security clearance level of Secret status;
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience working as Programmer / Software Developer, Level 3;
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience performing at least two (out of three) of the following tasks/activities for a web-based n-tier application development or application maintenance / enhancement project: i) Use Eclipse and Eclipse based tools and Integrated Development Environment (IDE) to create and edit the source code, ii) Use Microsoft Studio to create and edit the source code, and iii) Create and maintain source code that interacts with a RDMS (e.g. Oracle, Microsoft SQL).
Activities include but not limited to:
- Act as a senior Java developer under a team lead, fix identified issues and implement new features in Java, Spring Framework, JSF, MySQL in Linux environment;
- Reuse and leverage COTS, open source or custom-developed application components already present in CHPDB application;
- Utilize GC IT security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures as input to technical architecture frameworks and strategies;
- Perform manual code changes and user interface changes;
- Rework on the user interface to bring up application compliance with GC standards, such as bilingualism, GC common look and feel and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG);
- Apply an industry recognized development process;
- Maintain a code base within GIT, a management system;
- Report and track progress on bug fixes and feature implementation in Redmine issue tracking system; and
- Ensure knowledge transfer to fulltime AAFC employees to ensure a smooth transition to the Steady State activities.