Reference #: 5850
Donna Cona Inc. is currently seeking a Platform Analyst, Level 3, for one of our key government clients. The resource will assist the organization in designing, reviewing, planning and defining Workload migration strategies and solutions to migrate Partner data, their applications and functions, databases, and other related data to the Enterprise Data Centres (EDC) across Federal Government.
Candidate MUST have the following:
- A valid security clearance at the level of Secret;
- A minimum of a three year college diploma (computer science or other IT related field, OR a university degree at the Bachelor level in Information Technology (computer science or engineering) or other IT related field, OR a minimum of ten (10) years (in the last 15 years) work experience in the IT field;
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in the following: conducting Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions with clients, project planning, requirements gathering, and execution tasks in support of platform initiatives, working with clients to gather requirements and developing information technology plans associated to those requirements, migrating enterprise scale applications from one infrastructure to another, information technology governance processes within the Government of Canada, data analysis – able to look at datasets on various platforms and identify and understand inconsistencies and how they relate to technology processes, knowledge / experience of Agile and Scrum based project methodology, ability to produce concise and accurate specifications of business needs, knowledge / experience of system development projects supported by Microsoft Team Foundation System and/or SharePoint, implementing in a government department, knowledge of enterprise-wide process improvement/implementation;
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience with virtualization technologies, including VMWare or Citrix or Microsoft;
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience integrating data centre solutions with both networks and security platforms (including firewalls); and
- Worked as a Platform Analyst on a minimum of two (2) different projects in IT organizations that have evaluated, recommended and implemented transformations related to VMWare or Citrix or Microsoft.
The following demonstrated experience is required:
- Experience as a Platform Analyst on IM/IT projects in each of the following: preparing assessment(s) on the current state of the technical design, and detailing technical requirements, developing detailed requirements and strategies to meet business, functional and application requirements, working with Rational Databases Oracle or SQL Server and, providing application analysis, design, development, testing, monitoring, or capacity planning;
- Experience deploying VMWare engineering, architectural planning and implementation of VMWare services;
- Experience in the migration of enterprise (Department wide) platforms/operating systems in an IM/IT environment;
- Experience reviewing infrastructure requirements, including data centre, network and security, and developing infrastructure recommendations to support those requirements;
- Experience with strong communications and presentation skills through years’ experience on working directly with end clients (frequent interaction) associated to information technology projects;
- Experience in knowledge transfer and cross training within a multidisciplinary organization;
- Within the last seven (7) years, knowledge and experience in gathering, prioritizing, analyzing and consolidating business requirements via interacting with the end users of one/multiple services and various project/program stakeholders; and
- Within the last seven (7) years’ experience, with Application software development and/or Application software architecture.