Reference #: 6572
Donna Cona Inc. is currently seeking Desktop Specialist for an ONSITE contract opportunity with one of our key government clients.
The successful candidates will have the following profile:
- At least 5 years of IT experience working in a similar role;
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize and maintain Windows 10, MS Office 365, and LAN admin;
- Ability to Configures workstation hardware and related peripherals;
- Experience working with Microsoft SCCM imaging/distribution software including installation, configuration, and support of the deployment components of the product;
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as work on individual tasks;
- Excellent writing and documentation skills;
- High level of organizational skills; and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and customers.
- Working with the Projects team on requirements for new projects including, referral, strategic planning, configuring, testing, and roll out of new software, applications, and hardware;
- Installing workstation system and application software;
- Enforcing stated desktop configuration standards, and desk side network security;
- Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting desktop Office Automation tools (MS Office Suite, Abode Acrobat, etc.), various software revisions and patches;
- Performing all warranty work for supported IT assets;
- Providing desktop problem determination and resolution services;
- Institutes PC, and network security measures on clients devices to ensure network, and data integrity;
- Performing data/voice jack activations, as well as network cabling troubleshooting;
- Ensuring the transfer of knowledge to other levels of IM/IT support staff to ensure support continuity;
- Contributing to post-mortem analysis following any workstation failure and provides colleagues and management with recommendations on adjustments to procedures to prevent future incidents; and
- Creating new IM/IT documentation for the setup of new hardware and installation of new software. Documentation is required to maintain standards throughout IM/IT, enforcing IT continuity.
Donna Cona is committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer. We don’t discriminate on the basis of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, national origin, disability, age or any other protected status. We are committed to maintaining a barrier free recruitment process by providing equal employment opportunities through recruiting and retention of individuals.