Reference #: 5569
Donna Cona has recently won a number of multi-year contracts with a key Government client to provide a variety of IM / IT services, including Network Support Services, Application and Cloud Support Services and Project Management and Solutions Delivery Services. We are seeking a Database Administrator / Application Support Specialist to deliver services on these contracts from Iqaluit, NU.
The successful candidate will have the following profile:
- Degree in Computer Science or IT related diploma/degree (asset);
- Over seven (7) years of relevant experience; and
- Related Industry Certifications for example, Microsoft, Oracle, Sybase, ITIL or other database certifications
- Experience with applications and databases hosted on physical and VMware virtualized servers;
- Proven ability to administer, manage and maintain a variety of SQL, Oracle and proprietary Databases and Applications;
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as work on individual tasks; and
- Excellent writing and documentation skills.
- Install, administer, maintain, and monitor SQL, Oracle, MySQL and proprietary databases in the production network environment;
- Install, administer, maintain and monitor applications and programs installed on databases in the production network environment;
- Install and test upgrades to applications, programs and databases including service packs, patches, hot fixes and releases in a UAT/Test environment;
- Provide mentoring and Tier 3 support to Tier 1-2 technicians, Regional Technicians and a variety of end user departments specifically in support of these production applications and programs;
- Provide communities with phone or remote support using administration tools provided by the client. There may also be travel to communities outside of Iqaluit;
- Communicate with third party vendors and developers of applications, programs and databases used by the client;
- Create technical documentations and edit and test vendor provided documentation;
- Provide expertise on identified internal IPS projects and other projects relating to the IT infrastructure;
- Contribute to the post mortem analysis following any assigned project completion;
- Troubleshoot user connection issues, monitor disk space, monitor server and database performance, backup and restore schedules, create accounts related to databases and applications; and
- Provide recommendations to improve and enhance the Network environment both technically and procedurally.