Reference #: 5913
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Donna Cona is currently seeking Crisis Counselors for a government client.
The ideal candidate MUST have:
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in crisis counselling OR one (1) year of crisis counselling experience AND an undergraduate degree in Social Work, Psychology or a related discipline;
- Experience working with Aboriginal Issues;
- Excellent customer service skills and sensitivity to handle stressful calls;
- Good communication skills;
- The ability to communicate and write in English / French;
- The ability to communicate in Cree, Inuktitut, Ojibway or any other indigenous language (asset); and
- Security clearance at the level of RELIABILITY (eligible).
Donna Cona is committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer. We don’t discriminate on the basis of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, national origin, disability, age or any other protected status. We are committed to maintaining a barrier free recruitment process by providing equal employment opportunities through recruiting and retention of individuals.