Reference #: 5570
Donna Cona has recently won a number of multi-year contracts with a key Government client to provide a variety of IM / IT services, including Network Support Services, Application and Cloud Support Services and Project Management and Solutions Delivery Services. We are seeking several Cisco Data Communications Architects and Administrators to deliver services on these contracts from Iqaluit, NU.
The successful candidates will have the following profile:
- Degree in Computer Science or IT related diploma/degree (asset);
- Over seven (7) years of relevant experience; and
- Related Industry Certifications, for example, Cisco, BlueCoat, Allot, etc…
- Design, administer and manage a large distributed Cisco LAN/WAN routing/switched environment and experience with Cisco firewalls;
- Experience with data center networks including Data networks, VMWare Virtualized networking and Storage Area Networks;
- Cisco CCIE with strong experience in routing and switching using Cisco Nexus Layer 3 swithces, ISR / ASR routers, Cisco Firewalls, Firepower Management Console and a variety of routing protocols including OSPF and BGP;
- Experience with Cisco Enterprise Wireless solutions;
- Experience with Content Filtering solutions such as BlueCoat, and Allot;
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as work on individual tasks; and
- Excellent writing and documentation skills.
- Provide a high level of experience in Network design, planning and implementation in a large WAN environment. Experience in Satellite technology will be considered an asset;
- Provide a high level of experience in Network design, planning and implementation in a large distributed MAN/ LAN environment, utilizing Ethernet over various last mile technologies including Cisco switching/ routing and Firewalls;
- Provide mentoring and elevated support (Tier 3) to Tier 1-2 technicians, Regional Technicians and a variety of end users departments specifically in support of data communications network;
- Provide communities with phone or remote support using administration tools provided by the client. There may also be travel to communities outside of Iqaluit;
- Communicate with third party vendors of Data communication equipment and associated applications used by the client;
- Provide expertise on identified internal projects relating to the IT infrastructure;
- Contribute to the post mortem analysis following any assigned project completion; and
- Provide recommendations to improve and enhance the Network environment both technically and procedurally.